Friday, January 20, 2012

Kindness

‎"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."



When I had to decided to go to Africa I knew that the experience would change me forever.
I know there is no way to see what my eyes will see and not be forever altered by the experience.

HOWEVER

so far....it has been the journey of getting to Africa that has changed me.
It has forever left an imprint on my heart that I truly wasn't prepared for.

From emotional support to financial support and all the other supporting business in between....
I've have seen true, soul shaking, life changing kindness from everyone around me.

Today, one incident got me thinking about how blessed I am to have such an amazing support system!
A girl by the name of Sarah Roth.....she got me thinking about the word kindness.

Sarah and I went to school together back in the day. She has since left us Red Mountaineers for a fulfilling life in Colorado.  Sarah, I don't know if I've ever told you this, but I LOVE how free of a person you are!!!!  You are who you are and I love the free-ness in that.  It is truly an inspiring characteristic that I wish I had more of!

I haven't seen or talked to Sarah in a long time....but today I received a little notice in my mailbox saying she donated to my Africa fund!!!!!!!!
It really touched me :)
And I want to say thank you from the tippy top of my heart!
Thank you for being so kind.
You did more than just donate to me today, you touched my heart and got me wanting to pay this act forward!
You truly are an amazing person.

And so are the rest of my friends and family.
I can't thank you enough.

As of today I believe I have received $1500 in donations!!!!
How awesome is that :)

Thank you!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment