Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Small, life-changing, moments

It all started with the iPhone iOS update (seriously).

Yesterday evening I was updating my iPhone.  When the update was complete I noticed all my contacts and pictures were gone (no thanks to the Apple store it did, however, save my angry birds app).  I started freaking out, researching Apple blogs to see how people recovered their contacts; but nothing worked. 

After about 30 minutes of attempting to recover my contacts I started crying.  For those of you who know me I have had bad luck with technology lately.  I mean, I was literally crying.  I text my love Richard (after getting his number from my sister) and he text me back with an app from Verizon that has all your contacts saved in case you lose them.

My HERO!  He saved the day.  I retrieved all my contacts (minus of few recent ones)!


And then I thought to myself....was I seriously crying over losing phone numbers???  I had lost sight of everything and focused merely on something, in the scheme of things, miniscule; phone numbers.  I had lost sight of the fact that I'm lucky enough to be able to AFFORD an iPhone, or the new computer that I was updating it on, or the sandwich I was shoving in my mouth to help curb my girly hormones from kicking it into high gear.  I immediately started counting my blessings.  I thought to myself, especially during the holiday season, life can be much worse.

This sounds stupid, but I promise if you look at things you have cried over you will see, more often than not, that you lost sight of a bigger picture.

I encourage you to reflect on past troubles, small or large, and recover what you lost sight of and be thankful that you still have time to change the ending of that chapter to your life story.  All it takes are those small, life-changing, moments to force you to re-evaluate your priorities in life.

AFRICA UPDATE:

My Grandma Sharkey donated yesterday!!  Whoop Whoop  =D  We are on our way to making a difference people! <3 

2 comments:

  1. I love that you had to get Rich's number from Dee. I would be so lost without my phonebook! I don't even know Dee's number!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's incredibly sad to know that more than 1,000 children are newly infected with HIV every day, and of these more than half will die as a result of AIDS because of a lack of access to HIV treatment. ...Cudos to Meagan for wanting to help.

    ReplyDelete