Yeah, you could call me that.....
Hi! My name is Meagan and I'm new to the blogging world! I recently decided to take a leap of faith and follow my dreams. What are my dreams? I'm not quite sure yet.......
BUT for starters, I applied to grad school (whoop whoop)! I've been a nurse for two and a half years and decided I want more. Not that nursing isn't a completely and utterly fulfilling job; because trust me, it is! I feel like I can really make a difference with this job, but something kept nagging at my heart telling me "I want more." So graduate programs started jumping out at me (cough cough FACEBOOK) every time I got on the internet. So I applied *fingers crossed* to a family nurse practitioner program in hopes of making a difference out in the community instead of hospital-based care.
Second, I decided to follow one of my childhood dreams and volunteer in AFRICA (yes, I said Africa). Don't ask me why I've always had an obsession with Africa for I don't have an answer to that question. Something nags at my heart and I follow :) I'll be going to St. Lucia, South Africa in May of 2012 to teach HIV/AIDS awareness in a small community and work in an orphanage for children who have been affected by HIV in one way or another.
That led me to this blog. I hope to keep my friends and family (and whoever else stumbles upon this blog) in the loop of where I am fund-raising wise and to educate you on just exactly (as I find out more details) what I will be doing in Africa!
"Do more than just exist" <3
No comments:
Post a Comment