Wednesday, February 15, 2012

We can all learn from others experiences.....

Exciting NEWS!
I bought my flight to St. Lucia, South Africa!!!!
And I'm telling you....that was no easy feat. I was on the phone for 4 hours trying to get the best deal.
$2500 later.....
BUT I told myself money would not be an issue because I was meant to do this and be there.
And when you are meant to do something....it will work out.
Life has shown me that.

The more I research about my journey the more excited I get!
Today I stumbled upon as awesome journal entry from a girl who took the same journey I'm about to embark on in (read more here) 2008.
You can read that journal article here.

The more I become aware of what exactly is taking place in Africa the sadder my heart becomes.
I literally feel an ache inside my heart when I read articles like this.
I hurt for them.
I cry for them.

And it keeps me moving.
I want to help.
I'm getting more and more (and more) excited for this opportunity as every day passes.
Read the article, read the African Impact tab, and get excited with me!! :)


2 comments:

  1. I read the journal. Scary and intriguing. I'm glad you are who you are. An independent caring person.

    ~ JeanneTalk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear you are going to experience the beauty of Africa. I spent 4 months living in Ghana. It was the best experience of my life and so eye opening. I wish the best. Even though the people aren't in the best of situations, they still have such beauty and happiness to them. You'll love it.

    Please check out my giveaway to support my sister as she bikes 110 miles along side wounded veterans! http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete